The Turner Avenue Revitalization Project features a series of upgrades to the stormwater system, including new storm lines, storm structures and the complete resurfacing on the roadway between East Angleside Road and South 16th Street. This will imporve stormwater runoff managment, and prevent unwanted and costly erosion problems.
Phase one of the project, which addresses the current stormwater system issues, is scheduled for completion between February 20th and March 31st. Phase two, resurfacing the roadway, will begin immediately following the completion of the stormwater system upgrades.
- There will be periodic road closures on various sections of Turner Avenue throughout the duration of the project. All closures will be on week days, Monday through Friday, sometime between the hours of 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Signs will be on display designating the work areas and rerouting traffic around the closures.
- Accommodations will be made for local traffic access throughout the duration of the project.
- There will be some temporary restrictions on parking throughout the project area to accommodate construction operations. Impacts on local parking will be minimized to the extent possible.
- Pedestrian access will be temporarily restricted in the construction zones..
- Contruction updates will be posted periodically throughout the duration of the project.
- Contractors will work to ensure disruptions are minimized during construction operations and will restore all worksites to their original condition.
- Noise and vibrations levels will be closely monitored throughout the project and will be minimize to the extent possible
- Water and sewer utilities will not be affected by this project
- The protection of trees and shrubbery in the construction zones will be done in accordance with City of Shelton guidelines.
The $300,000 Turner Avenue Revitalization Project is being 9o% funded through a Transportation Improvement Board Arterial Preservation Grant awarded to the City of Shelton last November. The remaining 10% will be paid with the City’s Transportation Benefit District, Stormwater Utility, and Transportation Impact Fee funds.
Turner Avenue - East Angleside Road to South 16th Street
City of Shelton
Logan Brady, Associate Engineer