Traffic Revisions & Lane Closures
Week of december 17 - 21
Crews are currently working hard on several infrastructure improvement projects in the downtown area of Shelton. As a reminder, there are several temporary traffic revisions and lane closures currently in effect. Traffic revisions mentioned in this update are subject to change without notice, and may not include all potential revisions and/or lane closures that could be implemented.
We appreciate your continued patience as we work on these improvements. For your safety, please stay alert, watch for lane/channelization changes, and obey all construction signs and flagging personal.
Questions and concerns can be emailed to email@example.com.
Learn more about the improvement projects happening in Shelton.
Areas affected by the Basin 3 Rehabilitation Project and Downtown Connector Project:
Downtown Connector Project:
Construction on the Downtown Connector Project will be put on hold for the winter season starting Saturday, December 1st. Olympic Highway North with remain open. Alder street will remain closed through the winter between 1st. St. & 2nd St. and 6th St. & 7th St. It is anticipated that construction will resume on April 1, 2019.
Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project:
Intermittent closures between Alder and Birch from 3rd St. to 7th St.
Intermittent closures between Birch and Henry from 2nd St. to 4th St.
Traffic revisions at the intersection of Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. and N 7th St.:
In order to alleviate some of the traffic congestion in the downtown area, the following traffic revisions have been implemented at the intersection of Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. and N 7th St. These revisions will remain in effect for the duration of the project:
- 7th St. will be closed between W Alder St. and W Birch St. No through traffic will be permitted.
- W Alder Street will be closed between N 7th St. and N 6th St. No through traffic will be permitted.
- Unrestricted LEFT turns will be allowed from N 7th St. onto Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. No right turns permitted.
- Unrestricted RIGHT turns will be allowed from Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. onto N 7th St. No left turns permitted.
- The traffic signal at Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. and N 7th St. will be turned off.
- The Shelton Timberland Library will remain accessible from W Birch St. W Birch St. can be accessed from either N 6th St., N 5th St., N 4th St., N 3rd St., or N 2nd St.