Traffic Revisions & Lane Closures
Week of August 20 - August 24
Crews are currently working hard on several infrastructure improvement projects in the downtown area of Shelton. As a reminder, there are several temporary traffic revisions and lane closures currently in effect. Traffic revisions mentioned in this update are subject to change without notice, and may not include all potential revisions and/or lane closures that could be implemented.
We appreciate your continued patience as we work on these improvements. For your safety, please stay alert, watch for lane/channelization changes, and obey all construction signs and flagging personal.
Questions and concerns can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the capital projects happening in Shelton.
Traffic revisions at the intersection of Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. and N 7th St.:
In order to alleviate some of the traffic congestion in the downtown area, the following traffic revisions have been implemented at the intersection of Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. and N 7th St. These revisions will remain in effect for the duration of the project:
- 7th St. will be closed between W Alder St. and W Birch St. No through traffic will be permitted.
- W Alder Street will be closed between N 7th St. and N 6th St. No through traffic will be permitted.
- Unrestricted LEFT turns will be allowed from N 7th St. onto Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. No right turns permitted.
- Unrestricted RIGHT turns will be allowed from Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. onto N 7th St. No left turns permitted.
- The traffic signal at Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. and N 7th St. will be turned off.
- The Shelton Timberland Library will remain accessible from W Birch St. W Birch St. can be accessed from either N 6th St., N 5th St., N 4th St., N 3rd St., or N 2nd St.
Areas affected by the Basin 3 Rehabilitation Project, Downtown Connector Project, Turner Avenue Revitalization Project, and Cascade Natural Gas:
Downtown Connector Project:
- Olympic Highway North will be open. The roadway is reduced to two lanes, one in each direction.
Along Alder St. between 3rd St. and 7th St., no anticipated closures.
Between Alder St. and Birch St. from 3rd. St. to 7th St., no anticipated closures.
Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project:
- The following work areas will be closed during work hours, approximately 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM:
1st St. will be closed between Pine St. and Birch St. Suggested detours will be marked. Northcliff Road will remain accessible from Birch St. (Traffic will be allowed north and south in the east lane of 1st St. between Pine St. and Birch St. starting later in the week.)
Alder St. will be closed between 1st St. and 2nd St.
Between the intersection of 1st St. & Alder St. and the North Front St. & Highway 3 intersection. Local access only.
- Railroad Avenue will be reduced to one lane intermittently during work hours west of Pacific Ct.
Turner Avenue Revitalization Project:
- No closures on Turner Ave this week.