Traffic Revisions & Lane Closures
There are two upcoming extended road closures planned as part of the ongoing Downtown Connector Project. Olympic Highway North and Northcliff Road will be closed for multiple weeks while crews work on several major components of the project. We recommended that motorists avoid these areas during the closures if possible and plan to use alternate routes.
It is anticipated that the entire Downtown Connector Project with be completed in mid-June. Learn more about the Downtown Connector Project on our website.
We appreciate your continued patience as we work to improve the City’s infrastructure. For your safety, please stay alert, watch for lane/channelization changes, and obey all constructions signs and flagging personnel.
Contact the Public Works Department at 360-426-9731 or email@example.com with questions or concerns. Office hours are 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
OLYMPIC HIGHWAY NORTH
Olympic Highway North will be closed from Wednesday, February 20th to Sunday, March 31st between 7th Street and C Street, including nights and weekends. Signs will be on display designating the work area and directing traffic towards the recommended detour routes. Northcliff Road will serve as the primary detour route during this extended closure.
During the upcoming closure, crews will be working to install new curbs and sidewalks, center islands, street lighting, landscaping, and a rain garden next to the library on 8th Street.
Northcliff Road will be closed from Monday, April 1st to Wednesday, May 1st between W Pine Street and Poplar Street, including nights and weekends. Signs will be on display designating the work area and directing traffic toward the recommended detour routes. Olympic Highway North will serve as the primary detour route during this extended closure. N 1st Street will be accessible from San Joaquin Ave via W Birch Street.
During the upcoming closure, the remainder of the old roadbed will be removed, the roundabout will be constructed at 1st & Alder, and new sidewalks and streetlights will be installed.
Traffic revisions at the intersection of Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. and N 7th St.:
In order to alleviate some of the traffic congestion in the downtown area, the following traffic revisions have been implemented at the intersection of Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. and N 7th St. These revisions will remain in effect for the duration of the project:
- 7th St. will be closed between W Alder St. and W Birch St. No through traffic will be permitted.
- W Alder Street will be closed between N 7th St. and N 6th St. No through traffic will be permitted.
- Unrestricted LEFT turns will be allowed from N 7th St. onto Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. No right turns permitted.
- Unrestricted RIGHT turns will be allowed from Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. onto N 7th St. No left turns permitted.
- The traffic signal at Olympic Highway North/W Alder St. and N 7th St. will be turned off.
- The Shelton Timberland Library will remain accessible from W Birch St. W Birch St. can be accessed from either N 6th St., N 5th St., N 4th St., N 3rd St., or N 2nd St.