residential Street paving
In accordance with our commitment to improve and maintain the City’s aging infrastructure, the Public Works Department is currently working on some of the largest infrastructure improvement projects undertaken by the City in recent years, including the Downtown Connector Project and the Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project. While leveraging the City’s limited resources on larger grant funded projects is an excellent way to make funds go further, we also recognize the need to make regular improvements on the City’s growing network of residential streets.
As we continue to seek out grant funding opportunities to revitalize qualified roadways, the City has committed to paving approximately 20 residential blocks every year. The Public Works Department is currently developing a road rating system that will allow the City to project when residential streets will be scheduled for paving. This is an important step in determining how to maximize limited resources each year.
2018 Residential Street Paving Schedule:
Thursday, October 4th
- Satsop Avenue, 2nd St. to 3rd St.
- Wilson Street, 1st St. to Stevens St.
Friday, October 5th
- 3rd Street, Wyandotte Ave. to Euclid Ave.
- Kineo Avenue, 9th St. to 10th St.
Monday, October 8th
- Olympic Avenue, 11th St. to 14th St.
- Thomas Avenue, 11th St. to 13th St.
Wednesday, October 10th & 11th
- Cota Street, First St. to Front St.
- Birch Street, 10th St. to 'B' St.
Friday, October 12th
- Madison Street, 'K' St. to 'J' St.
- Jefferson Street, 'B' St. to 'A' St.
Completed as part of the Turner Avenue Revitalization Project earlier in 2018
- Holly Drive, Turner Ave. to 14th St.
- 12th Street, May Ave. to Turner Ave.